At Aster Gardens, our top priorities are the safety and security of every resident and the quality of care they receive. The physical space in our Memory Care Neighbourhoods is carefully designed to cater to your needs, and those of your family and visitors. This includes the use of appropriate signage, lighting, colour, and design. Infection control standards are also maintained with daily cleaning services, sanitation, and on going evaluation.
Aster Gardens provides best-in-class care to residents living with us by meeting or exceeding all standards and utilizing the latest technological advancements to enhance the quality of care offered.
In our Memory Care Neighbourhoods, we have carefully selected new advancements in technology that we feel resonate with our promise to assist you in living your best life. For example, technology we have selected will enable you and/or your care partners to:
• Maintain an active brain through engagement in Mind Triggers, an iPad application that provides brain health promoting games and activites by stimulating connections in the brain
• Dim and brighten lights through a centralized lighting system in order to prevent situations that may confuse, upset, or prove dangerous to individuals
• Identify and respond to situations promptly using a centralized nursing call system
• Monitor key entrances and exits through the use of fob-accessible doors, and cameras at entry/exit points
• Respond to emergencies or falls in an efficient and safe manner through the use of pendants which detect unusual movements
• Maximize individual comfot through the provision of a Gravity Motion bed, which allows individuals to adjust the height of their head or feet in bed
Our communities, care partners, and visiting individuals will be held to the highest standards of cleanliness to ensure your health. Aster Gardens complies with all government infection control standards including sanitation practices, the use of gowns, gloves, and masks, and visitation standards.
During times of heightened infection risk, our communities will ensure that everyone receives the best care possible while maintaining infection control protocols. With possible visitation restrictions, we will ensure everyone is still able to engage with one another and their loved ones through the use of online meeting platforms such as FaceTime and Zoom, or through physically-distanced activities when possible. We promise to continue to evolve our procedures in line with evidence-informed practices and government protocols.
We will always do what is in the best interest of you and your loved ones, prioritizing not only your physical health, but also your mind, body, and spirit.
Our care partners will be trained and continuously supported in person-centred care. We will ensure that residents living in our Memory Care Neighbourhoods are valued in their choices and how they wish to direct their care and live their life, while focusing on brain health and safety.
This will involve:
• Care partners will be trained in the Optima Living Memory Care Program led by leaders in dementia care education, focused on empathy, communication, connections, and person-centred care.
• Increased care partner to resident ratios, maximizing productivity and quality time spent with individuals to truly foster a meaningful relationship.
• An open-door policy promoting healthy team relationships, where all questions, concerns, and opinions are welcomed and respected.